Sunday 1 March 2009

M1PAC's Day Out With The Yaesu FT-100D

I recently re-acquired My Yaesu FT-100D from my friend Josh M0DIT
with the intention of taking it mobile to use in and around Britain
with my new multi band antenna I purchased from LAR Communications
A WAtsON Multi-Ranger-9 HF-UHF Mobile whip.

There is a place just of the A169 a mear 12 miles as the crow might fly
called " THE HOLE OF HORCUM"
There is a car park there so it was an ideal place to
park and try out the Yaesu in anger.
My garmin GPS informed me that I was 911ft ASL (WOW)

One of the Information boards there




I had texted Adam M6AXL to see if he could hear me on 80Mtrs
and he said he did not have an antenna for that frequency and to try 20 mtrs

I couldn't hear Adam on twenty , so I called him on my local repeater
GB3TP.The repeater was giving me a signal 7 to 8 from that location
VHF is favourable from that location .


Then all of a sudden , someone was calling CQ on 20 meters


I Then Proceeded over to Whitby for some Fabulous Fish & Chips .
After obtaining some rock & toffee We then drove up to the Abbey Car Park
to try and contact Simon 2E0HTS the following video is the result.



I am in the process of putting my 6 2 70 and 23cm antennas upon the chimny. My next blog will cover this
Thank you for reading
73 for now

de M1PAC

2 comments:

MØYKS Simon said...

Glad to see you got the video and blog uploading sussed out ;-)

73 Si

Unknown said...

I had to read the help file to finaly sus it out .

I dont think it's wise to put more than one Video there though now looking back . I will try and edit them together next time .But I don't have the Media training like you & lou .