I packed all the usual stuff with the exception of the yagi beam , and drove up to Ovenden wind farm. The landscape is outstanding and HF VHF and UHF do quite well from up there.
Arwen wasn't the carrier of the mast and equipment, it was the new love of my life Fraya the new Ford Focus Zetec Auto. and she acquitted herself quite well. aside from the fact her titchy battery was USELESS!
A bigger battery is required , I need about 100-175 AmpHr battery, so an old wagon battery should do .I will have a look on fleabay later to see if I can acquire one .Thanks to my mate Stuzzie a soon to be radio ham I knew I was getting over to Leeds but there were no contacts from that way.
|CQ 2 meters CQ 2 Meters this is MQ1PAC/Mobile|
I was using the MQ call I have an NOV for the Queens Jubilee event and one for the olympics.
From ovenden there were lots of contacts to be made and if I had gotten up earlier I might have got a few more ,anyway I had approximately 21 contacts on VHF .
A List of the contacts
- M6NAE Neil in Manchester
- 2Q1DNB Peter at the Wakefield club
- MQ6RIK Richard in Brighouse
- MQ6NHA Sarah near Manchester
- G0MZZ A benson from Batley
- 2E0VLS Ray over near Hull
- 2E0CTH Chris from by-fleet Surrey
- 2E0CSD Craig from Keighley
- G4JJS Simon from Bingly
- 2E0LEV Mick from Dewsbury
- G7PFY John over in Guiseley
- G0CJV Clive in Grimsby
- M0UJD Kevin from north Walsam
- M0NEY Dave in Scunthorpe
- M3TVV Dave in Allerton Bywater
- M3ZKU David from Hudderfield was over at HAWES N Yorks activating a hill. Nice one
- M6VWD Eddie in Rochdale No QRZ page tut tut Edddie
- G0NHJ John From Crammington
- M3ROU Peter in Rochdale
- G0MZZ Tony in Birstall
- 2E0RIZ Craig over in Keighley
- G4ONG Bernie in Warrington
- MQ0IAA Ian over in Wakefield who told me that for getting and station there is a certificate going for confirming 100 "Q" stations
|What's That ! an antenna growing out of my head you say|
|Me and my new love.|
|Looks OK from here|
|I thought of putting it at the back but that looked silly.|
(c) 2012 M1PAC productions
Please leave a comment