Thursday 12 July 2012

The new boy in the shack

The long awaited radio in the shack

Sometime
The new boy in the shack
Sometimes there are bargains to be found on e-bay , they are there,not often but they do turn up and you can be lucky to buy as nice piece of equipment for not a lot of money. I was luck about two weeks ago when I won an auction for a Kenwood TM-D700E This is the one with the built in  TNC .this means it can be used for APRS or Packet. I have a program called UI-View by the Late Roger  Barker G4IDE that I use 

This is a map of Leeds with 2 stations on it txing their positions 

It is all connected up to the pc Via a direct pin to pin serial lead that is plugged into the PC 
I can leave the radio on whilst I go out and it will act on it's own.

Thank you for reading my blog ,please leave a comment 









No comments: